Fitted bodice and flattering empire waistline that flares out into semi-pleated skirt.
Designed for stretch knit fabrics, you can sew it on a regular sewing machine with a zigzag stitch (no overlocker or serger needed) – hooray!
Throw on your Zadie dress for comfort and style at work or play. The dress has striking diagonal seams, concealing lovely (and practical!) in-seam pockets. The fitted bodice has a flattering empire waistline and round neckline finished with a neckband. It flares out into a feminine, knee-length semi-pleated skirt that’s great for swishing. Choose from cap, three-quarter or full length raglan sleeves.
If you’re a fan of the Coco or Agnes patterns, this project will take your knit fabric sewing skills to the next level.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Zadie includes easy-to-follow instructions with photos showing you how to sew each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Medium weight stretch knit fabrics such as ponte di roma, double knit, interlock, jersey. Check the fabric can be stretched crosswise at least 20% wider than its original width, and that it pings back down to size after stretching.
- Long or 3/4 sleeve – 2.5m (2 ¾ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in);
- Cap sleeve – 2.1m (2 3/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.3m (2 1/2 yards) x 115cm (45in)
- Matching thread
- 0.9m (1 yard) of 6-8mm (1/4in) stay tape, clear elastic, ribbon or strips of knit interfacing
- Ballpoint or stretch needle for your sewing machine
- Sewing machine with a zigzag stitch and basic tools (a rotary cutter, mat and walking foot are useful)