A modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and kimono sleeves. Closes at the back with pretty ties or button loop.
Stevie is a satisfyingly quick and easy make - yay! Stevie has a modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and kimono sleeves, closing at the back with pretty ties or button loop. Make as a top with cropped hemline that hits the high hip, or above-the-knee dress length, with optional turn-up cuffs and patch pocket. Throw it on with a statement necklace and you're good to go!
Stevie includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as linen, double gauze, chambray, cotton lawn, viscose (rayon). If you’re a confident stitcher, try a sandwashed silk or crêpe de chine.
- Top - Sizes 1-5: 1.2m (1 1/4yd) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 1.7m (1 7⁄8yd) x 115cm (45in) wide;
- Top - Sizes 6-8: 1.5m (1 5/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 1.7m (1 7/8yd) x 115cm (45in) wide;
- Dress - Sizes 1-5: 1.4m (1 1/2yd) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.2m (2 1/2yd) x 115cm (45in) wide;
- Dress - Sizes 6-8: 2m (2 1/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR 2.2m (2 1/2yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 0.3m (3/8yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- For button loop version: 1 x 12-18mm (1/2 - 3/4in) button and elasticated hairband
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot