Semi-fitted shift top with delicate details offset by a modern exposed zip.
Classic at first glance, a closer peek reveals a wealth of interesting design details to develop your sewing repertoire.
The bodice is shaped by curved French darts at the front, with contour and shoulder darts at the back for a great fit. The booty-shielding dipped hem is finished with a facing.
Choose from full length or cropped sleeves with a subtle pleat at the shoulder. Keep it understated with the plain neckline version, or add the adorable snowdrop collar.
Orla looks great over skinny jeans or leggings for every day, or with slim-fit trousers or tucked into a skirt for the office. The collar version makes a lovely layering top to wear under knitwear.
Like all Tilly and the Buttons sewing patterns, Orla includes jargon-busting instructions, helpful sewing tips, and colour photos showing you each step – making it easy for you to create gorgeous clothes you can be proud to say you made yourself.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Improvers
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Lightweight drapey fabrics, such as viscose (rayon), cotton lawn, voile, dotted Swiss, silk or polyester crêpe de chine, lighter weight crêpe back satin.
- 1.7m (1 7/8 yards) x 150cm (60in) wide for both versions
- OR 2.5m (2 ¾ yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for long sleeve version
- OR 2.2m (2 3/8 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide for cropped sleeve version
- Matching thread
- 18-20cm (7-8in) exposed zip with metal teeth (choose a striking colour if you want to make a statement!)
- 0.5m (20in) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Sewing machine and basic tools, including zip foot or adjustable zip foot