Slim fitting on the hips and legs, with stylish side button openings and essential pockets
Sew your own dungarees for a casual everyday look that’s bang on trend. The Mila dungarees are slim fitting on the hips and legs, with stylish side button openings and essential pockets on the front bib and booty.
Cute, practical and great for all seasons, wear your Mila dungarees with a t-shirt, button-down shirt or roll neck sweater.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Mila dungarees, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet. (Alternatively you can order the digital version to print and assemble at home, or have the copy shop A0 option printed.)
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight stretch denim, needlecord or woven cotton with at least 2% lycra or spandex.
- Fabric – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles (or 2 x buttons)
- 6 x 15mm (5/8in) buttons
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools