One day workshop for confident beginners.
Time: 11.00 - 17.00
Venue: The Cabbage Patch, 67 London Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3SZ
Description: This is a one day workshop perfect for people who want to start sewing their own clothes and use commercial dressmaking patterns. This workshop is suitable for confident beginners and perfect for those who have attended a prior Sewalicious 'Sew Your Own' workshop or have already undertaken sewing projects such as cushions, tote bags, bunting etc. Lunch and refreshments will be served.
You can choose from two dress designs:
1) The Nina Lee Southbank Sweater Dress is a cosy yet stylish knit pattern designed to become a winter wardrobe workhorse. With a slightly oversized fit, funnel neck and drop-shoulders, Southbank is on-trend, comfortable and flattering.
2) The Tilly & The Buttons Coco Dress is a wardrobe staple that's so easy to wear, Coco makes a great autumn funnel neck or cosy winter dress. The classic style features a boat neckline, choice of dress lengths, three quarter length or long sleeves.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Measure yourself and choose the correct pattern size
- Understand a sewing pattern
- Cut out your pattern & fabric accurately
- Sew and finish seams
- Hem your dress
By the end of the session you'll have made your very own stylish dress and you will have your chosen dress pattern to take home so that you make it over and over.
Our sewing workshops are relaxed and friendly. They take place in a comfortable private room at the famous Cabbage Patch Pub in the centre of Twickenham, located next to Twickenham train station and with access to parking. Class sizes are capped at six with two instructors to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need.
What to bring: In addition to your lovely self, you will need to bring the fabric you wish to make your dress in. Approximately two weeks ahead of the class you will receive an email containing fabric requirements along with recommendations from the Sewalicious fabric collection and a single use 10% discount code should you wish to purchase from us. If so, we will bring it along to the class for you.
Of course you are more than welcome to come with fabric bought elsewhere. Feel free to check with us on the suitability of a fabric before you purchase it. We would be happy to help.
All other equipment and materials will be provided.
Before booking please ensure you have read our workshop cancellation policy - Section 20 of our Terms of Service found here.